Thursday, December 18, 2014

Creating Elevation Views and Finish Floors

If you use the finish floor approach to create individual floors for rooms they manage to confuse the Elevation tool. If you create an elevation view inside a room you will likely find that the view's crop boundary is very short.

These are two interior elevations I made. The crop region for the one on the left is good but it's floor is flush with the sub-floor (and level). The crop region for the view on the right is bad, too short because the finish floor is set so that it sits on top of the sub-floor. Quirky quirky.


Raff, a member at RFO, started a thread the other day and it reminded me that I'd created the video below, embedded here.



The video is based on Revit 2015 R2 and Update Release 5 installed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this post Steve! I was just asked this question today... I don't remember this being an issue in the past, is it a new phenomenon in the last couple years? Or maybe I didn't have finish floors added until later in the game after most elevation were already added...
Since our Interiors has finish floor on a workset, thought about putting all the floors and 0" then use a filter to only display "finish floor" floors in the needed views.
Have you come across a different solution? What a pain!
Thanks!

Steve said...

Still an issue as far as I know, last time I checked...