Monday, July 22, 2013

Revit MEP - Options Affect Parameters

Daniel Stine sent me this subtle issue the other day, thanks! He wrote that it affects 2013 and 2014. If you are using Revit "one box" but customize your user settings so that the Systems tab for electrical is off it will affect your ability to access certain parameter types. Here's the check box I'm referring to.


There are normally 21 parameters associated with the Electrical Discipline. If the previous image option for Systems tab:electrical tools is unchecked as shown you'll only get 6 parameters offered instead, like below.


Definitely subtle and a bit quirky. I don't think Revit should restrict this list just because I've said I prefer to not see electrical ribbon features. If you are making Revit content don't restrict the tabs as it might impact what parameters are available to you.

1 comment:

John Cook said...

Nice little hidden gem to look out for. Thanks Steve.