Thursday, June 12, 2008

Phoenix Revit User Group

Tonight I had the opportunity to attend the Revit user group in Phoenix. It is organized by Michael MacVittie with Allen + Philp Architects/Interiors and the Phoenix AIA office is good enough to be the host location.

Eric and Rob from the SmithGroup presented a very nice discussion on their experience using Revit for their multi-discipline projects. Eric, an architect, focused on Revit Architecture while Rob, an engineer, discussed Revit MEP. They displayed a nice variety of project images and provided an overview of the way that their process has evolved since beginning to use Revit. It was a even-handed discussion of both the "highs" and the "lows" of their experience.

I'm glad that I could attend (my class let me leave a little early!) and see that a vibrant group of Revit users are meeting regularly to share their experiences. I also want to thank Mark Sever of the Sever Design Group for letting me know about the meeting and for making sure I was able to get there!

If you are in the Phoenix area, make sure you attend! If you need help reaching Michael, let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve,

This is Kristina Abrams of the Phoenix Revit User Group. Our group has been working very hard this summer to restructure our meeting times and group goals. We invite you to our first meeting of the 2009/2010 year, which will be held on September 17th at 5:30pm, location TBD. To find out more as it unravels, please visit our new website-in-progress: www.revitphoenix.com

Hope to see you then.